Outside East View

St Andrew's Church, Halberton, Devon

Over 1000 years of worship in our village


Welcome to St Andrew's

East Window Nativity

Nativity Detail from
St Andrew's East Window

Halberton is a large village about 3 miles from the Mid Devon market town of Tiverton. St Andrew's Church is located near the centre of the village and is conspicuous with its magnificent tower and clock. We offer a warm invitation to visitors and newcomers to the area to join us in worship, or just to come and look around our historic place of worship and admire the 14th-century nave with its famous rood-screen, pulpit and Norman font.

Halberton parish is in the diocese of Exeter and part of the Sampford Peverell Team of parishes. Our Team Rector is the Revd Glyn Lewry.

Services and Events

Regular services in St Andrew's are The Eucharist, Morning Prayer and Holy Communion.  As part of Churches Together In Halberton we are joined once a month by Halberton Methodists and once a month we join them in their chapel or the village hall.

When there is a fifth Sunday in the month the six parishes of the Sampford Peverell Team unite for a Team Eucharist held in turn in one of their churches.

Throughout the year we hold other events, including our summer fete, coffee mornings, Sundaze, Lent courses and concerts.  See the Services Page for details of our services and events.